From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] changelogs
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:25:16
1 One thing I find I miss in gentoo from other distros is a
2 changelog
3 of what is different from ebuild to ebuild. Debian, I think,
4 has this down pat, although rpm is capable of it as well.
5
6 After (or perhaps as part of) an emerge rsync, I'd like to know
7 what is new, what has been removed, and the *human reasoning*
8 behind those decisions.
9
10 IE,
11
12 foo-1.0 removed -- superceced by foo-1.1
13
14 bar-5.3 added -- changes from bar-5.2 include:
15 "blah blah blah blah,
16 and blah
17 and more blah
18 We tried to fix this bug, and that bug.
19 Added optional USE support for hammer and nail capability"
20
21 etc...