From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ability to pass arguments to src_configure/src_compile
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:33:53
1 On 12:46 Sun 07 Sep , Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
2 > I personally agree with several others who have replied to this thread.
3 > The reduction in lines of code/characters seems to introduce an uglier
4 > syntax which is harder to read with questionable benefits.
5
6 One of the great things about ebuilds is that they're very natural to
7 write in most cases, if you can manage to build the program by hand.
8 Raising this barrier of entry for questionable benefit seems like a bad
9 idea. We don't need to make it any harder to begin contributing to
10 Gentoo.
13 Thanks,
14 Donnie
15