From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Implicit IUSE
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:53:16
1 * Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o>:
2 > Torsten Veller wrote:
3 > > Why is prefix not in IUSE?
4 > >
5 > > IUSE lists "the USE flags used by the ebuild.
6 > > Historically, USE_EXPAND values and ARCH were not included..."
7 > >
8 > > prefix is not an ARCH.
11 > While prefix is not an ARCH or a in USE_EXPANDed variable, it is
12 > included in the list of implicit USE flags, which do not need to be
13 > included in IUSE.
14
15 I found the list of implicit USE flags:
16
17 def _get_implicit_iuse(self):
18 """
19 Some flags are considered to
20 be implicit members of IUSE:
21 * Flags derived from ARCH
22 * Flags derived from USE_EXPAND_HIDDEN variables
23 * Masked flags, such as those from {,package}use.mask
24 * Forced flags, such as those from {,package}use.force
25 * build and bootstrap flags used by bootstrap.sh
26 """
27
28 For 'prefix' we rely on the fact that it will either be in use.mask
29 or use.force.
30 So why do we still add 'selinux' to IUSE?