From: "Diego \\\"Flameeyes\\\" Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK und GTK2 Use Flag
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:26:15
1 On Tuesday 29 March 2005 13:11, Stefan Sperling wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:04:13PM +0200, Diego Flameeyes Pettenò wrote:
3 > > -gtk +gtk2 is a no-op.
4 > why?
5 As Brian said, gtk2 depends on gtk.
6 Just as a practical example, take ethereal, which could be built without gui
7 support, just using tethereal.
8 If you build it with -gtk +gtk2, it will build tethereal, not ethereal. I
9 submitted some time ago a patch to make this a more logical behaviour, but I
10 needed to change it to suit the same behaviour of other packages. See bug
11 #81055.
12
13 Take also amule which you can find on bugzilla as an example, which can be
14 built without gtk support, and on which gtk2 support depends on gtk.
15
16 Or wxGTK in which +wxnogtk flag is used to disable gtk1 support (there's gtk2
17 flag but no gtk flag).
18
19 I still think this is illogical, but I can't do much on this.
22 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
23 http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~dpetteno/