From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Alternative names for binaries in app-text/cook and dev-util/cook
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:41:39
1 On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:50:48 +1200 Barry Shaw <baz@×××××××××××××××.nz>
2 wrote:
3 | Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
4 | > Hi Gentoonies.
5 | >
6 | > Both app-text/cook and dev-util/cook install the binary
7 | > /usr/bin/cook. This is of course less than ideal.
8 | >
9 |
10 | I thought that all of the ebuilds in portage were supposed to have
11 | unique package names. I seem to recall reading this somewhere in the
12 | gentoo docs but I have been unable to find it again.
13
14 Not really. That's why we have categories.
17 Ciaran McCreesh, Gentoo XMLcracy Member G03X276
18 (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes)
19 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm