From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Google Apps Standard Edition @ gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:09:39
1 On Wednesday 31 March 2010 17:33:17 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > On 03/31/10 23:20, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 31 March 2010 16:28:15 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
4 > >> To be very clear: Please take my vote against increasing dependencies on
5 > >> Google.
6 > >
7 > > so dont use it
8 > >
9 > >> On a side note: This is not a technical discussion only.
10 > >> As such please use gentoo-core for this next time. Thanks.
11 > >
12 > > incorrect ... it should either be gentoo-dev or gentoo-project. there is
13 > > no need for use of the closed gentoo-core list.
14 >
15 > did you even read all of my mail?
16
17 take it down a notch
18
19 > i cannot "not use it" - that's my point. i'll be forced to, forced in
20 > or forced out.
21
22 no one is forcing you to, nor is anyone talking about having teams use it. if
23 Gentoo developers themselves choose to, it's going to happen irregardless of
24 what Alec is proposing.
25
26 > it's nothing for gentoo-dev as it's not purely technical.
27 > can it be more obvious?
28
29 your logic does not lead to the statement that gentoo-core is the appropriate
30 place. as i already suggested, gentoo-project is an alternative to gentoo-dev
31 for non-technical issues. as has been said many times in the past, gentoo-
32 core should not be thought of as the "non-technical gentoo-dev alternative".
33
34 a bit ironic you espouse using open source software on fully controlled
35 systems in one half while suggesting people use the closed gentoo-core mailing
36 list in another ...
37 -mike