From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Real-Time Streaming Protocol security bug (affects MPlayer and xine-lib)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:30:25
1 On Sun, 23 May 2004 06:58:31 -0400
2 Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > This bug is rated as a high vulnerability and has been outstanding for
5 > nearly a month now. I'd like to see if we can get it fully resolved in
6 > the next 48 hours so I don't have to security mask it.
7
8 As is mentioned in the bug, the mplayer vulnerability does not exist in
9 the 0.9x series, which is currently stable on sparc. Unless someone has
10 further information that hasn't been entered into the bug, the masking is
11 not needed.
14 Jason Wever
15 Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead