From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New license: yEd Software License Agreement
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:56:03
1 William Hubbs posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:34:05 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > Restrict=fetch is used when a user has to go to a web site and register
4 > or accept a license on the web site before they download the file the
5 > way I understand it.
6
7 Thanks. I thought restrict=fetch was for when a website acceptance was
8 required, but upon being pressed, I realized I wasn't sure enough about
9 it to be comfortable trying to explain it.
10
11 Tho FWIW I think restrict=fetch applies to stuff like cd/dvd-based game
12 data as well, where the agreement is on the cd not a website, but still
13 requires specific click-thru. IOW, manual click-thru and fetch,
14 regardless of whether it's from local device, or from the net. If we're
15 just forbidden from distributing but can still script an auto-fetch (they
16 just want to be sure they control distribution, mainly), then it's
17 restrict=mirror. If we can't script an auto-fetch either, generally due
18 to direct click-thru agreement required, it's restrict=fetch.
19
20 My definitely non-professional legal understanding, of course.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman