From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Marc Chabrol <marcc@×××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC / G++ 2.95.3 question
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:51:24
1 On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 01:57, Marc Chabrol wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I submit the following problem to all readers of gentoo-dev, as I think it's
5 > an interesting issue. Sorry, it's a little long but it needs explanations.
6 >
7 > A friend of mine installed Gentoo 1.2 this week end. After he finished his
8 > progression to stage 3, he started emerging kde. Qt 3.1 emerged fine but arts
9 > would not emerge (kde 3.0.4). After investigation we found that the configure
10 > was failing on checking QT, the conftest.cc file generated would be compiled
11 > with gcc instead of g++ and would fail on C++ symbols like cerr, cout, ...
12 > (see log at the end of mail).
13 >
14 > We could track that the reason why gcc was used was the presence of the two
15 > following variables in /etc/env.d/05gcc:
16 >
17 > CC=gcc
18 > CXX=gcc
19 >
20 > Because of this CXX, the configure would use gcc to compile C++ code.
23 Yes, I was brain dead at the time. Its already been fixed on CVS,
24 please just edit your 05gcc and change the CXX line to CXX="g++".
29 Martin Schlemmer
30 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
31 Cape Town, South Africa
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list