From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: VPopmail - SUID vchkpw
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:48:51
1 Casey Allen Shobe posted <200507210515.57488.lists@×××××××××××××.com>,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 05:15:57 +0000:
3
4 > On Thursday 21 July 2005 00:32, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 >> how is that not common operation ? SMTP AUTH is a pretty critical
6 >> feature imho
7 >
8 > It's not a supported on included part of qmail, which has not been
9 > modified in a number of years. The functionality is provided only via
10 > unofficial patches.
11 >
12 > I agree that it is pretty critical, however that is not the opinion of the
13 > software author (or if it is, he hasn't chosen to integrate it with the
14 > main distribution for whatever reason).
15
16 Let's just say... QMail is from DJ Bernstein, which will answer the
17 question for many right there. If you don't know the implications of that
18 in terms of version of software available and how patches must be added,
19 due to his license, and you are interested, look it up. I don't think we
20 need the flame war that could ensue from a discussion thereof on this
21 list. =8^|
22
23 Resisting the temptation to say more...
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
29 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list