From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .la files and their future on Gentoo
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:30:34
1 On 10/03/2010 01:53 PM, David Leverton wrote:
2 > While I do agree that the underlying problem we're trying to solve is
3 > worth solving, I do have a couple of small concerns about how it's
4 > being done. The first is that it seems people are judging whether a
5 > particular .la file is "needed" by checking whether anything currently
6 > in the tree needs it, but this doesn't take into account anything that
7 > /isn't/ in the tree yet.
8
9 I think the simpler solution is that if it needs .la, before reaching
10 the tree it has to be fixed...
11
12 lu
16 Luca Barbato