From: Ed Grimm <paranoid@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Social Contract Change (but not to the essence :)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:35:26
1 On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 07:08:49PM -0400, Dylan Carlson wrote:
4 >> I can't necessarily speak for others but when changes to a key document are
5 >> announced, it's easier for me to review if there are diffs. Just a
6 >> suggestion.
7 >
8 > You don't want the diff.
9 >
10 > Well, you do want it but you really don't.
11 >
12 > I'd given the diff if it was easy readable, but I believe the mentioned
13 > thread is better :)
14
15 While I'm sure at least three of us, enjoyed reading the diff, you might
16 think it's more useful if you did a diff on the lynx dumps of the old
17 and new pages, instead of doing a diff of the HTML.
18
19 This method would probably also work for the programmers among us,
20 although some purists might object.
21
22 Of course, as always, YMMV, and such.
23
24 Ed
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list