From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:28:28
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:57:39 +0000 (UTC) "Duncan"
2 <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3 | Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o> posted
4 | 446B306C.5040901@g.o, excerpted below, on Wed, 17 May 2006
5 | 10:17:16 -0400:
6 |
7 | > Deprecated profiles are considered unsupported, as are most of the
8 | > gentoo-alt profiles. Also most arches have development profiles
9 | > which are considered unsupported (on amd64 we add a profile.bashrc
10 | > that dies unless something like I_WANT_TO_BREAK_MY_SYSTEM=1 is set).
11 |
12 | ... And the proposal included a deprecated file. By that definition,
13 | therefore, the profile would be unsupported, and the point you were
14 | making disappears.
15
16 To work around Portage, not because the profile is deprecated in the
17 conventional sense.
20 Ciaran McCreesh
21 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list