From: Thomas Bracht Laumann Jespersen <t@×××××××.xyz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last-rites: app-admin/lastpass-cli
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 07:46:41
1 > > I actually use lastpass-cli, because my company use LastPass. Is there an
2 > > alternative, or can we keep this somehow?
5 > Unfortunately we cannot keep it unless the upstream shows a sign of life. You can still use the web interface etc. of LastPass. There is also a community fork of lastpass-cli[0], which I would be opposed to maintaining because it’s not sanctioned by LogMeIn.
6 >
7 > Given the fact that upstream is practically dead now, you can just not delete the package. Most likely it’ll eventually break if one of its dependencies’ ABI changes, which would require a rebuild. If you really want to keep the package, you can save it in a local overlay and use it for as long as it lasts. Just remember that if LogMeIn decides to change the web API at some point, lastpass-cli is effectively a program with undefined behavior.
8
9 Sigh. I guess it'll have to be that way :-) I'll follow the community fork and
10 put it in my own overlay.
11
12 Thanks,
13 -- Thomas