From: Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Oleg Puchinin <graycardinalster@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] public system of ratings
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:56:51
1 On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:49:09 pm Oleg Puchinin wrote:
2 > Day kind!
3 > I recently have started to use Gentoo, and I had one question.
4
5 I counted two.
6
7 > What for to charge developers of a problem of check of packages?
8 I don't know what this means.
9
10 > Why to not make public system of ratings?
11
12 There has been no major motivation to implement such a system.
13 > For example voting
14 >
15 > " is not compiled At all "
16 > "works"
17 > ...
18 > "It is excellent"
19 > "I wish to see a package in Gentoo "
20 >
21 bugs.gentoo.org has the ability to assign votes to bugs. If you like something
22 you can blog about it.
23
24 > And so for each [new] package.
25
26 Small amounts of this can be done on bug reports.
27
28 Get involved with overlay projects like sunrise to increase the usages of
29 packages you like. Maybe oneday you'll even become a gentoo developer and can
30 make a package mainstream.
33 > Oleg.
38 Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
39 Gentoo Foundation