From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to obsolete this python-exec news & fix the issue automatically for users
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 09:11:59
1 >>>>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013, Robin H Johnson wrote:
2
3 > Add this line to the dev-lang/python-exec ebuilds:
4 > PDEPEND=">=dev-python/python-exec-10000:$SLOT"
5
6 This looks wrong to me. On a newly installed system, currrently only
7 dev-lang/python-exec:2 would be installed. Adding above PDEPEND would
8 unnecessarily pull dev-python/python-exec:2 and dev-lang/python-exec:0.
9
10 And IIUC, the idea was to eventually get rid of dev-python/python-exec.
11
12 > If there are no objections, I'd like to do this to the affected ebuilds
13 > in a few hours.
14
15 Please don't.
16