From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Fw: [gentoo-dev] proftpd & php & gnome-db & postgresql
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:14:32
1 There is a program called unzip which will unzip it. It can be found
2 in portage category app-arch. According to the depends in
3 jaxp-1.1.3.ebuild, you much have unzip merged before you can ebuild
4 jaxp. If you're using emerge it will do this for you automatically.
5
6 Now, as for getting jaxp to emerge correctly, you need to download
7 the zip file from http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/javaxmlpack.html
8
9 The only one I could find here was java_xml_pack-winter01-dev.zip
10 which appeared to work. You need to place this in /usr/portage/distfiles
11 and rename it to java_xml_pack-fall01.zip (since that's what jaxp is
12 looking for) OR you can edit jaxp-1.1.3.ebuild where it says:
13 At=java_xml_pack-fall01.zip
14 and make it say
15 At=java_xml_pack-winter01-dev.zip
16
17 Either one will work, then type emerge --pretend dev-java/jaxp
18 (to see what it's going to do) then emerge dev-java/jaxp
19
20 In case you're wondering why you have to download this manually, instead
21 of portage getting it for you, it's because Sun Microsystems uses a
22 random ftp location for it's files, which requires you to visit their
23 website read the license agreement and then download the file.
24
25 Of course it would have been nice if Karl had said a little more than
26 just "!!! Please download X from X". But then again, this way I learned
27 more about portage by figuring out how to do it.
28
29 -Jared H.
30