From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: intel-sdp-r1.eclass, Take #2
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 20:41:53
1 Dear all,
2 after much criticism, I present you with an improved eclass for
3 handling the Intel 2016 (and hopefully beyond) suite of software.
4
5 We have improved the following:
6 * Made variables names more clear, to separate upstream vars from
7 internal/Gentoo vars.
8 * Practically no more global state in the eclass. Everything is handled
9 by getter functions now. Due to strong concerns voiced with regards to
10 egencache, getter functions are NOT used in global scope, except for
11 one occurrence. We believe the improved abstraction/encapsulation makes
12 this one use of a function in global scope bearable.
13
14 Regards
15 David

intel-sdp-r1.eclass.diff text/x-patch