From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new perl eclasses commited - pod fixes
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:30:44
1 All:
2
3 I've just commited new versions of the perl-module and
4 perl-post eclass to address bugs with the way the perllocal.pod was
5 being updated - and which one. The two new versions now check to see if
6 the pod is going to site_perl or ${ARCH}(fill in your appropriate arch
7 here - since -r6 of 5.6.1 and -r2 of 5.8 we now install perl to your
8 specified arch directory instead of i686) and APPENDS it accordingly.
9 Previously, only modules destined for the $ARCH side of your perl
10 installation were having their perl modules updated. This change to
11 appending from wiping is so that locally installed modules (it happens)
12 don't get wiped from the pods.
13 Let me know if you have problems, I've had this tested in
14 both versions of perl without a hitch - but results always seem to vary.
15
16 Mike