From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa-driver error
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 19:40:50
1 Nils Ohlmeier <lists@××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > I just encountered the same prob. On my laptop exists a directory
4 > /etc/rc.d/init.d which belongs to the irda-utils. The install of alsa checks
5 > with an if-elseif-elseif for the existence of the directorys /sbin/init.d,
6 > /etc/rc.d/init.d and /etc/init.d in this order. And it fails because it tryes
7 > to install the alsasound startscript into /etc/rc.d/init.d.
8 >
9 > I haven't opened a bug report, because to me it seems more like a bug in the
10 > irda-utils (which intalls itno the wrong init.d dir). And i'm not shure if
11 > irda-utils is the only package which causes this prob.
12
13 I very much agree. Please file bug reports agains any ebuilds which
14 install into /etc/rc.d/init.d.
15
16 That said, I've added a hack to -r4 of alsa-driver to work around this
17 problem.
18 --
19 Arcady Genkin
20 Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel