From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: chutzpah@g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AUTHORS file for portage repository
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:01:14
1 On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 7:58 AM Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 09:12:26AM -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > > All,
5 > >
6 > > based on the previous thread about copyright attribution clarifications,
7 > > I want to add the following AUTHORS file to the top level of the portage
8 > > repository if no one objects.
9 > >
10 > > This is based on the description of the AUTHORS file at Google [1].
11 > >
12 > > Everyone is not required to be listed, but there is no reason you can't
13 > > add yourself if you have contributed to the tree and want to be listed.
14 > >
15 > > I hope this will satisfy everyone involved in the discussion.
16 > >
17 > > Thoughts?
18 >
19 > It seems to me this will grow huge, and be the source of annoyance for
20 > users.
21
22 I'm imagining it's only those that are not obvious from the commit log
23 that will be listed here. But regardless, you're right that it will
24 grow. At the same time I doubt it will be a serious concern, and in
25 the case that it becomes one we can sort it out then.