From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google SOC 2008
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:47:17
1 On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:42:05 +0100, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > - baselayout porting to Prefix (mostly the start stop mechanisms)
4
5 What start stop mechanics do you mean?
6
7 OpenRC already has full FreeBSD jail support in services like do
8 depend() { keyword nojail; }
9
10 That effectively disables the automatic running of services by rc itself,
11 such as fsck, mounting and stuff as that's taken care of by the host OS.
12 Running in Prefix is pretty much the same as a jail from OpenRC's
13 perspective
14 (correct me if I'm wrong) so all we would have to do is tell OpenRC that
15 it's
16 currently in a jail. Presently this is done only for FreeBSD by testing
17 sysctl values. Maybe we could turn this into a compile option for Prefix.
18
19 Also, we now support services in directories other than /etc/init.d,
20 although
21 this is currently hard coded to /usr/local/etc/init.d.
22
23 Thanks
24
25 Roy