From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glibc, non-glibc and external libs
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:10:23
1 On Thursday 16 June 2005 11:51 am, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > > Just keeping on heaping virtuals for everything is not the only way. Or
3 > > just pull them in the profile.
4 >
5 > As I said, I'm not considering adding libiconv to profile as an option,
6 > it's not directly required.
7
8 that's fine, but i *still* dont see why putting 'nls? ( libiconv )' into
9 PDEPEND of bsd libc isnt acceptable
10
11 no, bsd libc doesnt directly require libiconv, but if you're using a
12 bsd/Gentoo system and you have USE=nls, what are the chances you *dont want*
13 libiconv ?
14 -mike
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list