From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Perl (Was Re: [gentoo-dev] Just some Feedback)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:53:46
1 On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:41, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:00:44 +0200
3 >
4 > Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 > > I've seen, that some ebuilds are not at the edge of the time: Perl is
6 > > still 5.6.1, but 5.8 is out for some weeks now; Gentoo-sources refers
7 > > still to a 2.4.19-pre
8 >
9 > 5.8 is in portage, masked. Perl 5.8's MakeMaker is incompatible with a few
10 > dozen of our ebuilds. Until I have finished reworking them and have them
11 > verified by other users, I will not be unmasking 5.8. The version (-r2)
12 > that is in portage right now is not perfect, there are still a few loose
13 > ends to tie up in the final configuration, but you are welcome to unmask it
14 > locally or force an emerge of it (emerge perl-5.8.0-r2.ebuild in
15 > /usr/portage/sys-dev/perl/).
16
17 Let us not have any perl upgrade until it is ready.
18
19 Actually, let us not have any upgrade until it is ready ;)
20
21 Evan.