From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:52:50
1 On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 06:44:24PM +0200, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
2 [... Bash or Python for a menu ...]
3 > What would you prefer?
4
5 A C-program, backed by ncurses.
6
7 No seriously, I would vote for Python. I agree totally with svyatogor's
8 opinion, but I think Python gives us more flexibility if we ever want to
9 extend the program.
10
11 If bash-scripts are chosen though, please make them sh-scripts. Perhaps in
12 the future we want to make bash non-mandatory (csh, ksh, bsh, zsh, ...) and
13 having as little bash-only scripts as possible is a Good Thing.
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen
19 Save some animals, eat a vegetarian.