From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Compilation in src_test
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:08:35
1 Say we have an autotooled package that provides a library. Say also
2 that this package provides several well written test programs that are
3 listed in Makefile.am under check_PROGRAMS. When emake is run, the
4 library will be built, but the test programs will not be. When make
5 check is run, the test programs will be built then run. Two problems...
6
7 Firstly, this will result in non-trivial things being compiled in
8 src_test. Is this an issue?
9
10 Secondly, check_PROGRAMS when used in a subdirectory won't parallelise
11 the compile even if we override the default src_test (which forces -j1).
12
13 One way around this is to s/check_/noinst_/ in the Makefile.am. Is it
14 worth it? Is anyone who is familiar with autotools internals aware of a
15 cleverer solution?
18 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
19 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm