From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 01:55:57
1 On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o> wrote:
2 > Since most of us want "clean cut" solution so i will close bug #333699 as
3 > WONTFIX
4
5 Along these lines, I'm looking at 333531 (the git migration tracker),
6 and it seems like there isn't actually much to do:
7
8 333685 - Seems like no action, and not sure how critical
9 333687 - while the bug is still open, as far as I can tell it seems
10 good enough to me to move forward
11 333697 - ditto
12 333701 - paused since there are other tasks to do first, though it
13 seems to me that little remains
14
15 333705 - not sure how critical this actually is - do we care if in
16 some obscure case history is lost? Nothing says that we have to
17 completely destroy the old cvs repo. Maybe we should just do a mock
18 migration now and post copies of the before/after somewhere public and
19 let people have at them.
20
21 333709 - seems like there is legitimate work to be done here, but
22 again nothing that big
23
24 So, what is the big issue? Is there something not being tracked, or
25 is one of those items a lot harder than it looks?
26
27 Rich