From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: MooktaKiNG <Mooktakim@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Readme files for portage (was: A nice idea to improve portage)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:10:57
1 On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:37:02AM +0100, MooktaKiNG wrote:
2 > Another good reason to have a README is becuase sometimes people
3 > want to know more about a program. Without having to install it.
4 >
5 > If they can learn about the program before they install. They are
6 > more aware of how hard/easy the installtion is.
7
8 I thought that was one of the reasons the source URL shows up in a
9 search. It's how I've always checked to see what a package does. README
10 files, imo, are great in theory but put additional maintenance strain on
11 a dev. Just my two euros,
12
13 Mike
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list