From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metdata.dtd should require <herd/>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:32:32
В Пнд, 07/12/2009 в 21:20 +0100, Thilo Bangert пишет:
> Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> said: > > On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 12:56 +0100, Thilo Bangert wrote: > > > dev-util/cucumber <herd> missing > > > > Fixed, but this is really a bug in metadata.dtd, which specifies > > <!ELEMENT pkgmetadata ( (herd|maintainer|longdescription|use| > > upstream)* )>
So what we will do with this? It'll be great to fix dtd to follow our requirements, but there is a problem: if we change dtd like this: <!ELEMENT pkgmetadata ( herd+, (maintainer|longdescription|use|upstream)* )> we will force all metadata.xml files have strict order of tags: first <herd/> then other tags. Currently there are about 200 ebuilds with different order . Hans's suggestion works but it is not nice and prohibits another order: herd, other tags, herd. Personally I'd kept dtd simple and forced ordering. So actually two questions here: 1. How should we fix dtd? 2. Are there any problems if we fix dtd first and let maintainers fix metadata.xml on bumps (iow, what will became broken if metadata.xml became not valid)? -- Peter.