From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New package neomutt
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 14:32:11
1 On 10-08-2017 16:09:53 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > ...which probably makes sense if you treat is as a continuation of mail-
3 > client/mutt package. However, since we package it separately, using
4 > the same name is going to create more confusion than renaming it to
5 > match the package name.
6 >
7 > If I install 'dev-foo/foobar', I usually expect to find the program name
8 > 'foobar', not just 'bar'.
9
10 I think we're clear now that the eselect idea wasn't the proper way
11 forward. Nicholas and I are discussing off-list what the next approach
12 will be, given the suggestions you and others have done in this thread.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Fabian
19 Fabian Groffen