From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: Christian Skarby <christian@××××××.no>
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Trend viruswall on gentoo
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:27:55
1 On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:23:54 +0100 (CET)
2 "Christian Skarby" <christian@××××××.no> wrote:
3
4 > > Hi all
5 > >
6 > > I'm desperate ...
7 > > I have a client that uses trend viruswall .. and he's NT machine has
8 > > finally died and we're switching to linux. I'd love to use gentoo
9 > > instead of redhat / suse etc etc but I cannot find any docs on how to
10 > > get the thing installed.
11 > >
12 > > Does anybody have any information I can use to install it on gentoo
13 >
14 > Well, I am not sure, but have you tried
15 > app-arch/rpm , might be able to use that if Trend provides you with an
16 > rpm, eventually there is an app-arch/rpm2targz if you need to convert it.
17
18 it doens't come with an rpm .. but it uses RPM commands to find out about the system and installing stuff everywhere .. all dependant on redhat system structure ..
19
20 > Not sure if this is any help at all..
21
22 thanks for trying :)
23
24 h