From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP81 and /home
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 01:51:59
1 On 1/19/20 8:20 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > It would be far simpler for the sysadmin to simply ensure that no
3 > unsynced user owns a file or appears in an ACL. That would be pretty
4 > trivial to achieve. Whatever is hosting /home could be designed to
5 > block such changes, or you could just scan for these ownership issues
6 > periodically and treat those responsible for them appropriately.
7
8 Fantasy scenarios again. I'm not going to debunk a system that you just
9 thought up and that has never existed. Why don't you find one person who
10 actually does this, and see if it bothers him if we create a home
11 directory under /home where it belongs?
14 > On the topic of treating those responsible appropriately, somehow I
15 > could see this scenario turning into a quiz question.
16 >
17 > I mean, would it kill you to just talk to QA first?
18
19 I've already got responses from two QA members. This thread is pretty
20 hard to miss. I'm working on a patch for the install-qa-check.d check
21 and I'm sure I'll get more when I post it.