From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: arm <arm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need ARM/AArch64 test data for cpuid2cpuflags
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 20:56:40
1 On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 22:44 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > I've recently (finally!) started adding tests to cpuid2cpuflags. Tests
5 > are based on mocked syscalls that return arch-specific data read from
6 > text files. So far I've got x86 and ppc covered, and now I'd like to
7 > add tests for various arm hardware. Since ARM covers a pretty broad
8 > range of hardware, I'd use as much data as possible, especially from
9 > different ARM generations.
10 >
11 > If you have an ARM board and would like to help, please:
12 >
13 > wget https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/dist/cpuid2cpuflags-7-dev.tar.bz2
14 > tar -xf cpuid2cpuflags-7-dev.tar.bz2
15 > cd cpuid2cpuflags-7-dev
16 > ./configure
17 > make hwcap-dump
18 > ./hwcap-dump
19 >
20 > and send me the output along with 'uname -m'. TIA!
23 Thanks for all the data so far. I've released v8 with the lot of ARM
24 tests just now.
25
26 If someone's got older hardware (<ARMv7), then I'd really use such
27 results. After all, we technically do support ARMv4.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny