From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Please test vim-6.4_beta
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:28:31
1 Vim users, please give vim-6.4_beta a go. Vim 6.4 will be released in a
2 week or so, and it's likely going to be the last 6.x branch release.
3 It'd be nice to get any bugs ironed out before then... It's just vim
4 6.3.90 with an updated runtime snapshot and a broken Makefile.
5
6 Feature requests for the 6.x branch are almost certainly going to be
7 rejected. The 7.x branch is where all the real development is occurring
8 now.
9
10 Once 6.4 is out, I'd appreciate it if arch teams could get it stabled
11 reasonably quickly so that 6.3 can be removed from the tree.
12
13 Vim 6.4 beta announcement:
14
15 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-dev&m=112887438511738&w=2
16
17 Explanation of why there's a vim 6.4 despite 6.3 being 'the last 6.x
18 branch release':
19
20 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-dev&m=112836461106709&w=2
21
22 Of course, it's entirely possible that a year from now I'll be saying
23 the same about vim 6.5, and that the "changes required before a vim7
24 release" list will still be scarily big...
27 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
28 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
29 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm