From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 1.0_rc4_pre2 results
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 17:58:47
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 > Just finished installing the avialbale iso offering - no problems with the
4 > install or booting afterwards, but ...
5
6 Hrm, that sourceforge mirror makes us problems. We removed the iso from
7 ibiblio a few weeks ago, because
8 security holes where detected in some packages, but sourceforge ignores
9 that changes for their mirror.
10
11 I suggest using the latest sys snapshot.
14 > What's the trick to get gentoo to talk to the internet?
15 >
16 > Here's my setup and the results.
17 >
18 > I have a generic tulip card which is hop two on a local lan connected to
19 > cable (att@home).
20 > modprobe tulip allows me to bring up eth0
21 > my ip address is 192.168.0.2
22 > ping 192.168.0.1 (the server with the cable connection) works ok
23 > ping www.xxx gets the ip address (so resolv.conf is ok and dns is working)
24 > ping xx.xx.xx.xx hangs (any address out there on the internet)
25 >
26 > Any suggestions?
27 Make sure you set the GATEWAY to 192.168.0.1 in
28 /etc/rc.d/config/inet.eth0 and make sure your server connected
29 to the internet supports forwarding.
30
31 bye achim~
34 > --