From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo ppc AT <ppc@g.o>, Gentoo ppc64 AT <ppc64@g.o>, Gentoo alpha AT <alpha@g.o>, Gentoo sparc AT <sparc@g.o>, ia64 <ia64@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About reducing or even removing stable tree for some arches
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:16:23
1 El lun, 16-02-2015 a las 10:09 -0500, Rich Freeman escribió:
2 > On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > The current policy of maintainers dropping keywords after 90 days is
5 > > simply not applied because it leads up to that maintainer needing to
6 > > kill himself that keyword and ALL the reverse deps keywords
7 >
8 > A published script might ease that, especially with the move to git
9 > (where that could be done in a single commit).
10
11 That looks interesting... but I don't think we should wait until git
12 migration is done. Well, since I joined at 2009 I am earing about git
13 migration and it's never done, then, I would do that job (even manually
14 with CVS and tons of commits) without waiting for git.
17 > Another option is to just allow the keywords to be dropped without
18 > fixing the reverse deps on those archs in these circumstances, though
19 > that can be messier for users.
22 Yeah, that is another option... but I think that it can be worse for the
23 users as, instead of they reading a news item informing about tons of
24 packages being now moved to testing (or all their tree) and they
25 preparing to that, they will start to get portage errors from time to
26 time depending on their installed packages :/