From: Wolfram Schlich <lists@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:20:46
1 * Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se> [2003-08-23 22:28]:
2 > > Anyway, if you didn't ;), I'd say dhcpcd is worth keeping in the
3 > > system profile because I think it's "universal". It doesn't hurt the
4 > > non-dhcp users. Imagine you have just installed Gentoo on a notebook.
5 > > You have set it up at home where you aren't using dhcp. But then you
6 > > go to some location where you just need dhcp because otherwise you
7 > > cannot use the network. What would you do when you'd discover there's
8 > > no dhcpcd installed yet? Well, of course you know it better next time,
9 > > but I think it's nicer when it's just there by default :)
10 >
11 > A valid point, but I thought that was what we have Mandrake for...
12
13 Argh :-P
14 Why not remove "hdparm" as well from the system profile, because lots
15 of people are using SCSI drives... or "openssh" because lots of people
16 don't log in remotely over networks... well.
17 --
18 Wolfram Schlich; Friedhofstr. 8, D-88069 Tettnang; +49-(0)178-SCHLICH