From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Virtual for tftp server
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 20:43:57
1 On Sun, 1 May 2011 23:04:54 +0400
2 Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o> wrote:
3 > Assuming we have a package, that want to have any tftp server on
4 > system, no matter which one exactly, what must we set in DEPEND? I
5 > think creating virtual for tftp server would be nice.
6
7 If it doesn't care about what the tftp server is, presumably that means
8 that the package itself doesn't actually use the tftp server (and if
9 it did call the tftp server, it would need to know the syntax for each
10 individual package, so it wouldn't be a virtual). So why would it be a
11 DEPEND?
12
13 Since suggested dependencies don't exist yet, what's wrong with just
14 elogging a message suggesting the user install a tftp server of their
15 choice?
18 Ciaran McCreesh