From: Allen Parker <infowolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] College Recommendations?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:03:13
1 Hello all,
2
3 I'm currently back in Alaska, and wondering if anyone has any shining
4 examples of universities on the west coast of the US/Canada that would
5 be especially helpful in getting a BS in CS. I'm looking particularly
6 for a program that supports open-source projects and/or that might
7 have some experience in teaching kernel-level programming. If I can
8 pull it off, I'd like to take some time off from the professional
9 world and spend some time in academia (4 years or so) and hopefully
10 come out looking a little better on my resume. I've already been
11 thinking about OSU, but have drawn a blank as far as other programs
12 that might be worthwhile, as I'm thinking that UAA (University of
13 Alaska Anchorage) probably doesn't have the background/ability I'm
14 looking for. I'm specifically looking for west coast US/Canada because
15 driving from Alaska to Seattle or Oregon is much easier than driving
16 from Alaska to Massachusetts/East Coast.
17
18 Any thoughts/comments/flames please reply off-list unless there are
19 other people looking for the same type thing. I'm not so worried about
20 tuition costs, although $60k US/year would be well outside my
21 financial ability, so if you've thought of something in that price
22 range, please *mention* that it's more expensive per year than your
23 average BMW.
24
25 Thanks for any thoughts/ideas.
26 Allen Parker