From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: openrc mount service prototype
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:49:25
1 All,
2
3 I just added another update to the mount-service branch to show where I
4 would like this to go.
5
6 OpenRC doesn't have any internal dependencies on "netmount", but several
7 on "localmount". All references to "localmount" have been changed to
8 "mount.usr mount.var". The advantage to this setup is that we don't have
9 to care whether usr and var are local or network; that would be set up
10 in the dependencies for the services that mount them.
11
12 I'm still looking for ideas of ways to avoid making this a breaking
13 change. If it isn't possible to make it a non-breaking change, this will
14 force openrc-1.0 to be the first release where we can do this (going
15 from 0.x to 1.x signifies breaking changes in semantic versioning [1]).
16
17 Thoughts?
18
19 William