From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Repoman and his automagic
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:58:30
1 On Saturday 28 January 2006 01:57, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Part of me does not want repoman to do automated tasks for developers,
3 > and part of me wants a set of *well written* tools to aid developers in
4 > their tasks. I mean when one commits say, all of kde, you don't want to
5 > sit there and type in all that crap, you'd rather script it. However, I
6 > don't see it as repoman's job to do that for you. I would like others
7 > opinions on this though.
8 There's one thing that'd help repoman scripting: the ability to work on
9 several dirs at once. Just as I can run 'cvs up konqueror kmail', I want to
10 run 'repoman konqueror kmail' - because running repoman 100 times in a
11 package dir is slower than running it once in a category dir with 100
12 packages.
13
14 If this request makes sense I'll open a bug if you want me to.
17 Dan Armak
18 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
19 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
20 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951