From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE 3.0 and OpenGL
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:28:28
1 Tri D. Hoang wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Does anybody know why all OpenGL screen savers were disabled in the ebuild
6 > file ("--without-gl") for KDE 3.0? I would like to test OpenGL but found
7 > that none of the screen savers work. Is there any other app I can use to
8 > test?
9 >
10 > I am using nvidia-glx with XFree 4.20. Thanks.
13 I don't know if it is my system or what, but I've argued with Qt/KDE for the
14 last hour over this issue.
15
16 I'm using the latest nvidia-glx & X4.2.0-r9.
17
18 I've re-emerged QT-3.0.3-r1 and it picked up OpenGL and said it was
19 configuring itself with OpenGL (one of the messages that comes up during
20 config).
21
22 Now when I go to emerge the kdeartwork package (that contains said OpenGL
23 screensavers) it does not pickup that Qt is OpenGL savvy ...
24
25 from either the emerge of kdeartwork or just doing a ./configure in the
26 /var/tmp/portage/blah..... dir:
27
28 checking for Qt with OpenGL support... no
29 checking for GL... mesa
30 checking for GL/xmesa.h... yes
31 checking for GL/glut.h... yes
32
33 Now because there is no OpenGL support (supposedly) the OpenGL screensavers
34 are not compiled.
35
36 I've also submitted this as a bug to bugs.gentoo.org #1832
37
38 Troy.
41 You have the capacity to learn from mistakes. You'll learn a lot today.