From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-embedded] Interactive command
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:41:12
1 On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 08:43 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 01:13 -0400, Kristian Benoit wrote:
3 > > What I want is "emerge busybox uclibc vanilla-sources nano". Should
4 > > unpack only the 3 first packages, show me busybox menuconfig, uclibc
5 > > menuconfig and vanilla-sources menuconfig and only then perform the rest
6 > > of the installation as usual (without re-unpacking the 3 packages).
7 > I really really hope that you want this to be a totally optional feature
8 > that is never ever enabled by default.
9
10 Of course it has to be totally optional and preconfig should be called
11 before any packages compilation. So that you get every preconfig
12 interactive prompt before everything else is done.
13
14 > When I run emerge -uD world on a server I don't accept any ebuild
15 > waiting for interactive input. For stagebuilding and other activities
16 > this behaviour is also unacceptable.
17
18 I wont accept that either :).
19
20 > > And
21 > > save the configs for futur use. So if my configs does not fit my need,
22 > > re-emerging busybox with USE=savedconfig should get me the busybox
23 > > menuconfig back using the previously configured ".config".
24 > Patch the ebuilds with your .config
25
26 Nope, it would just use the actual solution, use the one
27 in /etc/busybox/busybox.config
28
29 > > But anyway, the question is not whether the idea is good or not, but how
30 > > to get a menuconfig that works within ebuild.sh (called from spawn in
31 > > portage_exec ... called from the user with ebuild or emerge)?
32 > *shudder* I hope this stays limited to your overlay.
33 >
34 > wkr,
35 > Patrick
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list