From: Peter Faraday Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hwoarang@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 11:37:11
1 On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 11:34 +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On Monday 04 May 2009 00:26:13 Peter Faraday Weller wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I've enjoyed my time with Gentoo, mostly... But these days I've just got
6 > > too demotivated to work on it. I might have stayed if Ken69267 posted me
7 > > some Lifesavers, but he didn't. :(
8 > >
9 > > On a more serious note, the problem seems to be the complete lack of
10 > > management in the required places, Gentoo is fast becoming
11 > >[..]
12 > >I might consider coming back.
13 > >
14 > Indeed Gentoo has several problems. But we should stay together and try to
15 > deal with them. I 've been around as a dev for 3 months and I think 4-5 devs
16 > retired since then because of all the 'Gentoo anarchy' etc. So please stay and
17 > help us all solve those issues. I am pretty sure that you are not the only one
18 > who's having those thoughts.
19
20 Perhaps not, but I've been thinking these thoughts for a good few months
21 now.