From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removals reply (I am not going to figure out which tread of those all should i reply to)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:05:18
1 On 01/02/2013 18:00, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > No, they won't get anyone looking over their shoulder unless they
3 > decide to neglect the bugs as few maintainers did.
4 > I didn't see a lot forced removals caused by qa, did you?
5
6 As far as I can tell, they come down to two:
7
8 - webmin; which was saved after a masking and ended up not going
9 anywhere, as most of the bugs (most security-related due to the nature
10 of webmin!) were still around months after the unmask;
11
12 - ${forgothename} which Robbins claimed he fixed in five minutes and
13 our QA was bad — where his fix was exchanging a build-time failure with
14 a runtime abort, and thus was kicked just as fine;
15
16 You could possibly add the damn squeezebox software that even Logitech
17 discontinued, but for that I'd just refer to the previous flame which
18 for my side boiled down "if you want to keep it around, mask the fucker
19 because it's crap".
22 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
23 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/