From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA question wrg. GRP
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:45:19
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:55:10 +0100
3 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
10 > What we would want is compile-time dependencies. In such a case we can
11 > say, this package has been compiled with version X of that dependency,
12 > that version has SLOT Y. When we record such data, we can say that the
13 > SLOT's mismatch and find that the package has unfullfilled
14 > dependencies.
15 >
16 > It is probably sensible in any case to record/use this data.
19 But in a case like this it isnt a SLOT. All openssl builds have
20 SLOT="0", they just provide diffrent library versions (0.9.6 and 0.9.7)
21 which cause this breakage. Same goes against other such interesting
22 "known to break" things. (libpng was another pretty example. )
25 That doesn't mean its not good data to keep around.
26
27 //Spider
31 begin .signature
32 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
34 end