From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for adding berlios to thirdpartymirrors.
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:14:25
1 On Monday 18 December 2006 23:00, David Shakaryan wrote:
2 > Excerpt from the official site:
3 > "BerliOS Developer is a free service to Open Source developers offering
4 > easy access to the best in CVS/SVN, mailing lists, bug tracking, message
5 > boards/forums, task management, site hosting, permanent file archival,
6 > full backups, and total web-based administration."
10 > The proposed mirror name is 'berlios' and the three mirrors are:
11 > - http://download.berlios.de
12 > - http://download2.berlios.de
13 > - ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub
14 > Something along the lines of mirror://berlios/${PN}/${P}.tar.bz2 can be
15 > used in SRC_URI.
16 >
17 > I'm sure all of you understand that not much work would be necessary for
18 > the the transition as it can occur over time, for example when package
19 > maintainers modify an ebuild. So, what do you folks think?
20
21 Hm, I think this should be fine.
22 I only have one point against this: Has the issue of different files for every
23 download be solved?
24 Thread listed here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/36077
25
26 Matthias