From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Idea for a new project: gentoo-libs
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 07:22:12
1 W dniu pią, 22.06.2018 o godzinie 21∶50 -0500, użytkownik Marty E.
2 Plummer napisał:
3 > So, as you may be aware I've been doing some work on moving bzip2 to an
4 > autotools based build. Recently I've ran into app-crypt/mhash, which is
5 > in a semi-abandoned state (talking with the maintainer on twitter atm),
6 > and I was thinking it may be a good idea to set up a project for keeping
7 > these semi-abandoned and really-abandoned libraries and projects up to
8 > date and such.
9 >
10 > Basically, an upstream for packages who's upstream is either
11 > uncontactable or is otherwise not accepting bug fixes and patches. So
12 > far I can only think of app-crypt/mhash and app-arch/bzip2 but I'm sure
13 > there are others in this state.
16 So in order to fix problem of semi-abandoned packages, you're creating
17 an indirect herd-like entity that will soon be semi-abandoned itself
18 because people will be dumping random packages into it and afterwards
19 nobody will claim responsibility for them.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny