From: Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Support for Python 3
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:23:24
1 On 10/25/2010 03:37 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
2 > I would like to suggest that setting Python 3.1 as main active version of Python be officially
3 > supported and recommended for Gentoo developers since 2010-12-01. Majority of packages supporting
4 > only Python 2.* have been prepared to work correctly in situation when Python 3.* is set as main
5 > active version of Python. I would like to encourage other developers to work on fixing remaining
6 > packages.
9 On a related note:
10 Just this week a group appeared in Fedora with objective to help port
11 3rd party modules to Python 3. There is even a dedicated mailing list
12 (python-porting). They are actively seeking contributors from across the
13 distributions so I am sure any devs that want to see Python 3 default on
14 Gentoo will be welcome :-)
15
16 Blog post mentioning the start and ML address:
17 http://anonbadger.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/python3-porting-organization/
22 Stanislav Ochotnicky
23 jabber: stanislav@××××××××××.com
24 PGP: 0x71A1677C