From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org, danarmak@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:34:08
1 On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:12:15PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > m?n 2001-10-01 klockan 04.41 skrev Dan Armak:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > Anyone who's working on the eclasses: I have just released a new and
6 > > considerably different version. Please read howto.* and news.txt in
7 > > /usr/portage/eclass/doc for details. In short, the kde-* eclasses have been
8 > > redesigned to inherit from one another.
9 > >
10 > > I hope no one is yet deep enough into the mess to mind large changes.
11 > > Verwilst - my apologies :-)
12 >
13 > IMHO, no one else _should_ be deep into this (if not for helping Dan on
14 > the KDE ebuilds/eclasses). This is a very cool feature but I think we
15 > should wait until it's been fully tested on the KDE-stuff before
16 > starting to use it all over the place.
17
18 I agree, and I think it needs to be repeated that only Dan Armak should be
19 writing these kinds of ebuilds. They are only for prototyping purposes and
20 should *not* be emulated by others. Dan Armak, please remember this or we
21 will kill the project.
24 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
25 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
26 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.